Target is honestly my favorite store to shop in. Being a mom of four kids, two with autism, shopping can be hectic to say the least. One goal I have to meet though, is saving money. Paying full price just isn’t an option! Couponing can become exhausting, but Target makes it so much easier and offers even more savings! Check out these 8 tops for saving money at Target! With a little work, you can save all the way up to 100% and even a few money maker deals!
8 Ways to Save Money at Target
1. Get a Red Card!
The first way to save money at Target is to get their redcard. Target’s Red Card automatically saves you 5% every trip! This card comes in both a debit and credit card option. No credit? No worries! Their debit card option is completely free and works with your bank account. All you need is your bank information to sign up. Not only do you get 5% off, but you also receive free shipping and 120 return period (normally 90 day). Click the banner below and choose debit or credit to apply.
2. Download the Target (formally Cartwheel)App!
- This is by far, the most useful app out there! You can search ahead of time, or you can just scan items as you go. Most Market Pantry (target’s store brand) items have 5% off, and there are savings all the way up to 50% off! During the holidays, there is a new deal daily for a toy at 50% off. Just like the redcard, the Target app is completely free and a perfect way to save money at Target!
3. Text Coupons
- Text COUPONS, OFFERS or BABY to 827438 to receive mobile coupons every Saturday. These deals are also posted on signs in store as well as in weekly ads. These coupons can be combined with manufacturer coupons and rebate offers, but you can not combine them with store coupons.
4. Price Match
- Going to target but there’s a way better deal at Wal-Mart or online? No problem! Target has a fantastic price match policy, so you can still do all your shopping at target and get that same great deal! To top it off, you can use manufacturer coupons on price matched items too! Here’s their policy
- Target accepts manufacturer coupon in both clipped coupons and online printable coupons. This is the way to maximize your savings in store. Target also issues store coupons. These can be used in combination together on one product.
- For Example: You have a coupon for $1/1 Colgate product from a manufacturer and a target store coupon for $1.50/1 Colgate product. You can combine both of these to receive $2.50/1 Colgate product.
6. Print Your Coupons with Swagbucks
- Another fun way to save money at Target and many other retailers is to use Swagbucks! Printing coupons is a very easy (and convenient) way to save money at most stores. Swagbucks actually gives you money from printing and using these coupons!
- Swagbucks is an amazing website that gives you money for coupons, watching videos, searching the web, shopping, doing surveys and so much more! For every coupon you print, swagbucks will give you 10pts to redeem for a gift card.
To Sign up:
- Sign up for free at Swagbucks (use my link to get a free $5 bonus for signing up!)
- After signing up, click on the Discover tab then Grocery Coupons
- Print your coupons and take them to your local store to use. Once redeem, your account will be credited with 10 points (equal to $0.10). This can take a couple of weeks to credit.
- Rack up those points (try some of the activities at swagbucks.com too) and redeem them gift cards to places like amazon, paypal, target, red lobster, and more!
7. Money Saving Rebate Apps
After you’ve combined all those savings in store, let the rebates roll in! There are several rebate apps out there, by far my favorite is Ibotta. When you add this crucial step to your shopping trips, you can score items completely free and sometime even have a money-maker deal. When you find a deal you want, all you do is scan the bar code to verify the product and then scan your receipt. Ibotta works with a ton of stores, but the biggest deals come from combining all these options together. Click the link below to get a sign up bonus!
8. Follow Coupon Match up Sites
The final step is the one that makes all these tips even easier simple is to follow a great coupon match up site. These are sites dedicated to making couponing easier for you! They scan weekly ads of retailers and combine that with current coupons for you. It takes all the extra hard work out-of-the-way for you! One great site I have found for Target is Coupon Divas. Not only do they have awesome match ups for target, but many other great store match ups! They update all the time with great deals for every family! Check them out here.