Little man has always been obsessed with Halloween. (I am sure he gets that from his Daddy who’s birthday falls right before Halloween.) Year round, we have pumpkins and other spooky toys throughout the house. We created our very own DIY Halloween Tree Centerpiece this year, but needed some cute decorations to go on it. In comes the DIY Glittery Bats & Spider Ornaments!
We love decorating, but with four kids, cost is a factor. Luckily, we live close two Dollar Tree’s. They always have a ton of really cute craft supplies, all at $1 a piece. Dollar Tree is our go to store for any DIY projects.
Check out our easy step by step instruction below to make your very own DIY Glittery Bats & Spider Ornaments. This is the perfect craft to do with your child. The kids will love helping create these sparkly creatures, and you’ll love the cute decoration!
DIY Glittery Bats & Spider Ornaments
What You’ll Need:
- Foam Craft Balls
- Plastic Sandwich Bags
- Modge Podge
- Paint Brush
- Glitter in Various Colors
- Black Plastic Plates
- Googly Eyes
- Hooks & Wire from Picture Hanging kit
- Put glitter colors into separate plastic sandwich bags. (We choose to do this craft outside to reduce the amount of glitter all over the house. Toddlers and glitter are an interesting mix, lol!)
- Using a paint brush, cover a foam craft ball with modge podge (or craft glue) and place in a bag of glitter. Shake until the ball is covered with glitter. Remove from bag and allow to dry. Do this for each ornament you are making
- To make the bats, you will cut bat wings (two per ornaments) out of the paper plates. These wing printables are perfect stencils if you do not want to free hand.
- To make the spiders, cut small rectangles out of the paper plates (two per ornament). Then cut three lines long ways, leaving a small section uncut (see picture)
- When the glittery foam balls are dry, glue on your legs of wings. Make sure to press them in to make sure they are completely secure.
- Glue two googly eyes onto each creature
- Using the hook from the picture hanging set, gentle place into top of creature. Then thread with about 2 inches of the hanging wire from the kit.
- Once dry, hang them on your DIY Halloween Tree Centerpiece or all around your house.
Remember, you can get all these supplies and a ton of cute Halloween decor at DollarTree.com