Wandering is a real risk for autistic children. We have thankfully been very blessed to not have any huge cases of elopement with little man and Bean. That being said, we have had some close calls and some parents aren’t as lucky.
It seems like every week I see a post of an autistic child who has eloped and missing. Too often do these cases end up with dire results. It is that reality that causes me to do everything I can to safeguard my children from eloping.
Angelsense Gps tracking device is one of the top ways to truly safe guard your child who wanders. “AngelSense is a child GPS Tracker and an app for the parent, designed to create a safe world for children with special needs.”
What is AngelSense GPS Device?
Angelsense is more than just a gps tracker. It is the only device capable of fully helping not only locate your child, but hear everything going on around them. Here is the list of what truly makes Angelsense unique.
- Full-Day View of Your Child: See your child’s routes and locations during the whole day in a simple diary format at 30‑second intervals.
- Proven Child Search Mode: Benefit from a special ‘Runner Mode’ designed to help find your child. Get reliable child exit alerts, live 10‑second updates, and direction to your child on a map.
- Alerts for Unexpected Places: Receive a text message when your child arrives and departs from a specific place, and for every unexpected car stop and location change.
- Listen-In Capability: Listen in to sense your child’s situation and make sure he or she is safe. This feature helps validate emergency situations and improves special needs child care.
- Designed for Children with Special Needs: The only GPS tracking device for kids with sensory sensitivities. Includes non-removable accessories for the GPS device and a special key for removal by the parent.
- AngelCall, 2-Way Voice: Talk to your child at any time, without them needing to “pick up” or click anything. Help and support your child form afar, or give them more independence.
- First Responder Group Alarm: With one click, SMS a predefined trusted group of people regarding a lost child, along with a live view of the child’s location & direction to the child.
- Indoor Search: A unique feature to help you pinpoint your child in indoor locations. Finally you can know what part of the school or shopping mall your child is in.
- Alarm: Activate an alarm on the device, to locate your child when nearby in a crowd or when hiding.
- School Dashboard: Provide your child’s school with a special interface that helps school staff ensure the child is safe during school hours.
- Wide Cellular Coverage: No matter your cellular carrier, AngelSense works throughout the entire US & selected areas of Canada.
- Late Departure Warning: Get an instant alert if your child hasn’t left school or any other regularly visited place on time. Make sure they’re never left behind.
How much does AngelSense cost?
Obviously, Angelsense is not free. Not only is it an electronic device, it is a service that is an ongoing plan to help keep your child safe. I will be straight up with you on the price, but first look at what all you get for the price.
What you get for the cost
The AngelSense Guardian Kit comes with a GPS device, customized wearables and a parent key.
The monthly service plan includes:
- Unlimited Notifications & Email Alerts
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited Location Updates
- Real time tracking app: iOS, Android & web
- Listen-in with a single click (60 minutes/mo)
- Expert and caring support
The Angelsense Guardian kit is a one time purchase price of $139. The monthly service plan is $39.99. Currently, this offer includes a free gift of the Specialized GPS Belt ($19.99 Value). I completely understand for some families, this can seem like a huge cost.
When it comes to the monthly plan, that breaks down to $1.33 a day. That is literally the cost of a fountain soda or two cans of soda bought at Costco. For us, not having two sodas a day is worth the price of having my children safe.
AngelSense Coupon Code for The Mom Kind readers
Though I can’t take away the monthly cost, I am so happy to be able to offer you a discount on the cost of the Angelsense Guardian Kit. Use any of the text links throughout this post to receive $50 off the cost of the Angelsense Guardian Kit. (<- Like this one!)
Check out this video:
Alicia Trautwein is an autism parenting coach living in Missouri. She is the creator behind The Mom Kind, a website dedicated to parenting neurodiverse families. She is one of the head creators behind the #WeLoeveMoms campaign and is also featured in the “Amazing Moms” coffee table book by Hogan Hilling & Dr. Elise Ho. She shares her expertise along with her experience in parenting children, both with and without autism.